Kimberly J. Kalan
Big Hat Outdoors
“SPRING BREAK WITH RECOIL” AT THUNDERSTIK LODGE
The 5-Day Hunting & Shooting Event for the Whole Family
(Chamberlain, SD): Thunderstik Lodge is excited to again host Spring Break with Recoil—five days of family-friendly outdoor activity and adventure. It’s the perfect Spring Break getaway for the shooting and hunting family at South Dakota’s premier pheasant hunting lodge. Dads, moms and kids are all welcome. There will be plenty of non-shooting activities offered, too.
Spring Break with Recoil (SBwR) will run through the entire month of March, 2018. Families can book the week their school district is on break. Special guests scheduled to be with us so far are Girls with Guns TV and Todd Bender, 24-time skeet shooting world champion and Olympic gold medalist.
Are there high school trap shooters in the family? SBwR makes an ideal “training camp” for trap enthusiasts to prepare for the competitive spring season. Dawson Boyd shoots for the Maranatha Christian Academy Trap Team. He said this after attending SBwR in 2017: “I went from shooting 12 pigeons to 20+. It’s a must for all high school competitive trap teams.”
Spring Break with Recoil is a great opportunity to pass on shooting and hunting enthusiasm and skills to the next generation. It’s also a great week to leave the gadgets behind and be in the outdoors together. Planned activities include:
• Guided pheasant hunts with Thunderstik’s famous dogs.
• Open trap and skeet shooting.
• Shooting instruction from world-class shooters like Todd Bender.
• Paintball, game nights, casino night, prizes and live music.
• Optional hiking, horseback riding, spa day, wild game cooking class, photography class, self-guided day trip to Badlands National Park (just 2 hours away) and more. (Some of these activities will incur an additional charge).
• All meals, non-alcoholic drinks and four nights lodging in a 2 bedroom suite is included.
For more information and to register visit the Spring Break with Recoil website. NOTE: Shooters ages 12-17 must have their Gun Safety Certificate along.
About Big Hat Outdoors: Big Hat Outdoors, LLC is the parent company of John and Kimberly Kalan of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Big Hat includes Thunderstik Lodge, South Dakota’s premier pheasant hunting lodge located in Chamberlain. “The Stik” offers 7,000 acres of prime private hunting land along the banks of the Missouri River. Big Hat’s other brands are Rooster Ridge Hunting Lodge (also in Chamberlain), Gage Outdoor Expeditions, and High Profile Grounds Maintenance and Green Solutions (Minneapolis).